Do you feel overwhelmed by keeping up with social media like Twitter and Facebook? One really easy (and fun) way to do it is to use your cell phone to Tweet or send Facebook updates. It makes riding the bus, or waiting in line more entertaining too! And since social media isn’t all about business, it’s about sharing your personal side and building relationships, I love to share special updates like watching my son hit a homerun at little league.
Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting that you should tweet and drive, k? Just sayin’. 🙂
So this week I want you to set up Twitter or Facebook on your phone, and send an update. You don’t need a smartphone to do this. If you can text, you can tweet! Here’s how to set up Twitter on your phone:
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- In the top right corner, drop-down menu, click “Settings.”
- Next, click “Mobile” in the blue bar at the top.
- Follow Twitter’s instructions to link your cell phone to your account.
- Find the line that says, “Send tweets using text messages with this phone. Just send your tweets to _____.” Remember that number. In the U.S. it’s 40404. Add the number to your cell phone’s address book under “Twitter.”
- When you’re out and about and ready to tweet, just send a text message to the “Twitter” contact in your address book.
You can do the same thing with Facebook. Go to http://www.facebook.com/mobile/ to link your phone to your Facebook account.
If you do have a smartphone, here’s a list of a few appliations that make staying on top of Twitter and Facebook updates even easier and more fun while on the go.
So, go link your phone to your Twitter account, then comment below with your success. BONUS ACTION: Send me (@julie_lsmith) a tweet from your phone and let me know you completed this week’s Action Item!