Too often small business owners overlook their email signature as an important space for promoting their business and building their web presence. Every email you send should contain a subtle promotion in your signature. It’s a great idea to set up a calendar reminder to update your signature at the beginning of each month.
Here are some ideas of things you might promote in your email signature:
- Your ezine, free report, or other content give-away
- A new product, program, or event that you’re launching
- A great review or write-up about your company
- Info about an upcoming event or teleseminar you’ll be speaking at
- A link to a specific page on your website (maybe your "about" page, portfolio, or your introductory coaching session page)
You don’t want your signature to be a mile long, but it’s a good idea to also include your top two or three social media profile links in your signature. It’ll help build your list of followers.
To get you started, here’s an example of what your email signature could look like:
President, FatCat Web Design
Don’t miss my free webinar on how to make your website sell
with a "Web 2.0" design style. Get the details at:
So your action item this week is to go spiff up your email signature, then comment below and let us know what you did!