This week I want you to think of everything that needs to be done in your business, whether you’re in start-up mode and doing it all on your own, or you’ve already got an assistant or a team that handles day to day tasks for you. Think of things like:
- How are your appointments scheduled?
- How are orders processed?
- What are your preferred responses to various customer inquiries?
- What are the steps to publish your ezine?
You get the idea. As your business grows, it becomes important to document all the core systems and processes that make your business run smoothly. We call this "Standard Operating Procedures" or a "Procedures Guide." This guide should be kept in a central location where all team members can access it. You could try a free group file sharing service like www.keepandshare.com.
I know you’re busy. If you’re working solo, make a commitment to document one or two processes, each week, as you complete them. If you already have an assistant or a team, delegate this project to your assistant, or have each person responsible for a given task document that task, and send to you for approval.
Here’s How You Make and Save More Money By Creating
a Procedures Guide…
- The business becomes more consistent, efficient, and productive. Documenting your systems and processes helps you become more streamlined and automated. Work flows more smoothly because you and your team can find what you need, when you need it. No more searching for answers. And ultimately, you’re able to better serve your customers.
- You can prevent mistakes. By following a step-by-step checklist whenever a task is performed, the chance of an important detail slipping through the cracks becomes very slim.
- It’s easy to delegate and train. When a new person joins your team, you’ll save both time and money because training is simple and quick. You don’t have to explain everything because the documented processes and systems do it for you, allowing the team member to jump right in.
- You have more creative time. Because you have documented systems in place and everything flows more smoothly, you now have more creative time to develop new products, programs, or services that will bring more money into your business.
So, I urge you not to wait. Start this project now, and keep adding to it as you grow your business and your team. You will never regret that you did. Start by making your list of tasks or processes. Then comment below and let us know your plan of action!