Facebook’s NetworkedBlogs is a blog directory that is organized by topic and by geographical location. It provides another way to get found, drive traffic to your site, and also to find other blogs to follow in your niche.
NetworkedBlogs is also a Facebook application that provides the following benefits:
- You have a Networked Blogs Facebook page for your blog.
- You can import your blog feed to your Facebook profile or your fan page. This means that whenever you publish a blog post, it will feed to your Facebook profile or fan page, with a thumbnail image of your blog; the title and first few lines of your post; and a link to the full article on your website. It will look like this:
- Recently added, you can also link your NetworkedBlog to Twitter. Any new posts will automatically go out to your Twitter account as well.
Add Your Blog to Facebook’s Blog Network
Follow the steps below:
- Go to www.NetworkedBlogs.com
- Click on “Add your blog.” (You must have a Facebook account.)
- Choose five blogs to follow.
- On the next page, select “Register a Blog.”
- Enter your blog name, blog URL, 3 topics or tags under which your blog will be classified, language of blog, and a brief description of the blog.
- Follow the instructions to verify your blog. (If you use WordPress, choose the widget option.)
- Your NetworkedBlogs Facebook page appears, and you may invite your friends to follow your blog.
Publish Your Blog Posts to Facebook and Twitter Automatically
Your blog posts will display in your Facebook profile page, in your friends’ home page streams, and will post to your Twitter account.
- On your new NetworkedsBlogs page, click on “Syndication.”
- In the “Syndication Settings” box, choose your blog from the drop-down menu.
- Check the “auto-publish” boxes for personal profile and any Facebook Group you may own and choose to publish posts to.
- Click the “Configure” button for any Fan Page you choose to publish to.
- Click “Add Twitter Account” to auto-publish to Twitter.
Add a Blog Tab to Your Facebook Profile
- From your profile, click on “Account/Application Settings.”
- Under NetworkedBlogs, click “Edit Settings.”
- Under Profile/Tab, click “Add” and “okay.”
Complete the steps above, and invite your Facebook friends and Twitter peeps to follow your blog, and enjoy the new exposure for your blog and website. Now comment below and let us know how you did. Include a link to your new NetworkedBlog page too!