If you already have a website, how long has it been since you really looked at it? Is it up to date? When you get potential clients to your website, the last thing you want to do is drive them away because of sloppy website blunders that could have been prevented.
Go, right now, to your website and look for these things:
- Do the links still work? Do they link to relevant, active pages?
- Is your copyright date current?
- Is the content accurate and up to date?
- Is the content spelled and formatted properly?
- Does the website look good in all the major browsers (i.e., Internet
Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc)?
A quick way to answer that last question is to go to www.BrowserShots.org; select the browsers you want to check your site against; type in your website address, and wait for the screenshots of your website to pop up.
If you find anything from the list above that needs to be fixed or updated…do it now! Or get your friendly web person started on it. Even if you’ve been waiting because you plan to build a new website, don’t neglect these small things on the website you’re using today. It will affect how your customers perceive you.
When you’re done, comment below and let me know how you did!